This article is meant for educational purposes only. Hacking can be used for good as well as evil. A hacker who uses his knowledge for causing harm to the society is called a ‘black hat’ hacker. A hacker who uses his knowledge for doing good work is called a ‘white hat’ hacker.
We strongly advice you to use the following information for research or educational purposes only. It will not be any of our responsibility if you involve into any type of wrongdoings.
About this article
In this article you will be learning some of the CMD commands which are very important for a hacker. These commands are often used in the hacking process and make the lives of hackers easier.
We strongly advice you again to only view these commands for educational purposes and not involve into any illegal activity. In the hacking process, there are several times when a hacker would need these commands for completing his tasks.
10 CMD commands for Hacking
- nslookup commandThis command helps you to know the IP address of any website. IP address is like our identity on the internet. Just as we call each other by using our names. Computers communicate with each other through IP addresses. They call each other using their IP addresses. So, this command is very useful as you will get to know the IP address of any website using it.All you have to do to use this command is to type ‘nslookup’ in the command prompt. Then give a space. Then type in the website’s name that you want to get information about. After you press enter, you will get the information. Also, note that, if you copy paste an IP address into your browser, you can still visit the website. You can use this to also impress your friends.
- ping commandThis command helps you to know about how good the connection is between your computer and another computer. It returns you a value in milliseconds that can be used to decide whether the connection is fast or slow. This is the time it takes for a package for your computer to reach theirs or vice versa.You might have also seen the ping value after you do a speed test. This value plays a big role in determining whether you will experience a fast internet speed while using a particular website or a slow internet speed. A low ping value is always good for the connection health.To use this command you are required to open the command prompt and type in ping and after that type in the website’s name. Now press enter to see the results.
- netstat commandThis is a very helpful command as it tell you about the connections that are established with your computer over the internet, or TCP protocol to be precise. TCP stands for Transmission Control Protocol and if you want to learn more about it you can google it.The netstat command also gives us other information such as ‘local address’, ‘foreign address’ and the state of the connection between your computer and the other addresses. To use this command you simply have to open the Command Prompt and type in netstat.After pressing enter, the information will be provided on the screen. You will be able to see lots of information and it might look confusing to you if you are a newbie to the computing world.
- net view commandThis command will provide you with the list of the computers that are existing in your work-group. Also it will inform you about the shared resources that are available to each computer. This command can come in handy at times and should be learnt.Using it is simple. All you have to do is type in ‘net view’ in the command prompt to use this command. After pressing enter you will be able to see the list of the computers in your network. Also, you can see the resources of a specific computers in the list provided to you. To do that type in ‘net view’, give space and then type in the name of the computer of your choice from that list. Press enter and you’re good to go.
- route commandBy using this command you will get to know the different routes that your computer uses. A computer listens to many routes for packets. Then it figures out what to do with these packets using the route table.To use this command you will have to type in route into your command prompt. Then you will have to type in the function you want the route command to perform. For example, typing ‘route print’ and entering will show you the table your computer uses to sort out packets.
- net user commandWith the help of this command you get to see information about all the users connected onto your network. You should not get confused between this command and the ‘net use’ command.The net use command helps you to change your password even without logging into the network whereas the ‘net user’ command only lets you view the users connected to the network. To use it simply type in net user and press enter.
- ipconfig commandThis command is very important as it can be used to refresh the settings of Domain Name System (DNS) and Domain Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Also, with the help of this you can view the details regarding the TCP/IP configuration.If you type in ipconfig (without anything else following it) in the command prompt and press enter, you will be able to see the details of your connections.
- tracert commandWhen you transfer information between your computer and a website the information actually follows a long route to reach its destination. What this command will do is how you the actual path followed between you and the destination computer who you want to connect with.For example if you type ‘tracert www.google.com’ into your command prompt and press enter, you will be able to view the route followed by information while travelling from your computer to its destination. It also displays the time taken at each hop between your computer and the destination computer.
- getmac command
This is a very simple command to work with. All you need to do is type in ‘getmac’ in your command prompt and you will see the mac address of the network device that your computer is using. MAC stands for Media Access Control. In simple words, it is something used to identify devices over a network.The prefix of a mac address can be used to find out about the manufacturer of the device whereas the suffix can be used to know about the device. Your phone, your modem and sometimes even your TV have mac addresses.
- arp commandThis command will allow us to look at the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) cache. It even allows us to modify it. You must be wondering what an ARP cache is. It actually maps the ip addresses with the mac addresses.If you type ‘arp -a’ into the command prompt and press enter, you will be able to see a list of devices with their ip addresses and their mac addresses alongside them.